Hi everybuddy! It’s me. Mayzie!
I have something super duper exciting to tell you about today.
You remember how my dearest Grampa J had to go to the Bridge back in May?
Well, unbeknownst (isn’t that a great word?) to my momma, Grampa J decided to leaves her a few green papers. Now, my mom was just super flabbergastified and touched cuz she didn’t expect that at all. So she wanted to do something nice to honor him…but what?
Well, we all puts our thinking caps on and decided that since Grampa J luved animals so much, he would want us to do something to help them. Sooooo….TAH-DAH! This is what we decided to do.
During the week of November 7-11, we hope all of you will help us honor Grampa J by putting a pet who needs a home up on your bloggie. It can be any kind of pet who’s looking for their furever home – dog, kitteh, bird, goat – it doesn’t matter. And you don’t have to know them pawsonally. You can just go to Petfinder and choose one in your area if you want.
THEN – oh gosh, I LUVS this part – the very next week, we’ll draw FIVE names outta everybuddy who pawticipated. And each of those 5 furends will get to choose a rescue for us to donates 100 green papers to! That’s 5 rescues that’ll gets 100 green papers each!
How about that? You’ll be helping to gets the word out about a pet who needs a home AND you could win 100 green papers for your favoritest rescue! Gosh, I just know that would make Grampa J awfully happy.
Now, there really aren’t any rules…
Uh, wait a minute. Here comes Brudder Ranger…
1. Choose a pet currently seeking a forever home. Said pet can be on Petfinder or on a rescue’s website.
2. Write about him or her on your blog during the week of November 7-11, 2011. It does not have to be the ONLY thing you write about, so feel free to write about something else that day if you wish. Simply elaborate on the adoptable pet somewhere in your post.
3. Include a link to the rescue listing or the Petfinder ad.
4. Include a link to Mayzie’s blog.
5. To be entered for the drawing, you only have to write about an adoptable pet on one day. However, for each day you write about a different pet, you will get one entry – up to a total of 5 entries.
6. Once you have posted the adoptable pet on your blog, please notify us by sending an email to mayziegal AT gmail.com OR leaving a comment on our blog. Please include a link to your post.
7. We will maintain a list of everyone who is participating in the sidebar (updated once a day). Therefore, if you don’t see your name/post, please notify us immediately.
8. On or about November 16, we will randomly select 5 names. Each winner will receive a $100 donation to the rescue of his or her choice.
This concludes the rules. Back to you, Mayzie.
Thank you, Brudder Ranger! We’d also appreciate it HUGELY if you’d help us spread the word by putting this gaw-juss badge (created by my mom’s Most Talented furend, Gail) on your bloggie. (You can also grab that big one up top if you’d rather.)
Whew! We know that was awfully long but this is something super duper impawtant to us and we sure hope you’ll play along!
Wiggles & Wags & Lotsa Brindle Kisses to all of you!!