That’s right! On this day, 8 years ago, my mom and dad brought sisfur Abby home!
We gots her this really cool scratchy rug but I’m not sure if she’s gotten the hang of it yet.
Now, I know we don’t talk abouts her much on my bloggie because, see, she tends to be kinda…well, you know…normal. But she’s a super wonderful part of our family so I thought we’d celebrate by telling you eight things about her – one for every year she’s been here.
1. It took her about a year to really warm up to my mom and dad. They think it’s cuz she lived in so many different places (at least 4, for sure) in the 6 months before she got adopted. So she prolly didn’t know that this was her forever and ever home – and she didn’t want to get attached. But now she’s all sorts of luvey-dovey with them.
2. She LUVS being brushed and petted but does NOT luv being picked up.
3. She doesn’t really “meow.” It’s more of a squeak.
4. She will not eat anything that’s not dry kitteh food or dry kitteh treats. Not even tuna or cheese!! (Crazy, huh?)
5. She might have the softest fur of any kitteh EVER. (Everyone always comments on it, and she’s quite proud of it.)
6. If our water bowl starts getting too low, she goes and sits on the toilet seat. She never drinks the toilet water. She just sits there until somebuddy notices her, and as soon as they go to fill up the water bowl, she hops down.
7. She’s pretty easy-going and doesn’t ever gets her furs ruffled. But she sure knows how to put Cap’n Ripley in his place.
8. She will not play with me no matter how many times I poke her with my nose.
So happy, happy Gotcha Day, Dear Abby (heehee)! We’re awfully glad you’re part of our family!