Hi everybuddy! Since this is my blogoversary week, I thought I’d share with you the 5th postie I ever wrote. Why the 5th? Well, mom thought it would be neat to re-share my very first postie. But I wasn’t so sure abouts that cuz – well – I think it’s SUPER BORING. Almost all of you already know this story cuz we’ve told it before in a hundred different ways. So if you WANT to read it, you can click that link up there but it’s seriously not very Most Interesting.
And then my 2nd postie was okay but I decided I liked the 5th postie better. So we’re gonna flashback to that cuz, well, it’s my bloggie and I can do that. Heehee!
Oh, and don’t forget abouts my Commentathon on Thursday, which is my actual real blogoversary! Thanks to everybuddy who’s already helping to get the word out!
5th Ever Postie: Hard-Workin’ Dog
One of my favorite things to do in the whole wide world is to help out around the house. Mom and Dad really appreciate my assistance and I’m not too sure how they ever got stuff done without me.
Things I’m real good at:
1. Unpacking boxes that the mailman brings to our house. My mom got something she calls a Macbook and she was really happy about it. So I helped her get it out of the box and sniffed it over real good to make sure it was safe for her to turn on. It was.
2. Helping mom and dad make their breakfast, lunch and dinner. I watch ‘em real careful in case anything falls on the floor. If it DOES fall on the floor, I make sure to eat it real fast before they trip on it or something.
3. Cleaning the dishes after they’ve eaten their breakfast, lunch or dinner. When they’re done, they put the plate down and Ranger and me do what Dad calls the “prerinse.” And I don’t like to brag but by the time we’re done, it looks just as clean as before they put food on it! (Mom says some people might think that’s gross but we’re just doin’ our part for the environment by saving water.)
4. As you prolly saw from one of my other posts, I am real good at ripping the guts out of stuffies. Now, I really don’t do it all just for me (although it might look like it). Part of why I do it is that picking up the guts gives Mom something to do. Don’t want her to get bored or feel useless or anything.
5. I help keep an eye on the kittehs. I mean, you really can’t just leave them to wander all over the house without knowing what they’re doing. They might get into trouble and if I didn’t keep an eye on them, I couldn’t help them if they needed it.
6. I make sure that nobody ever, ever, ever sneaks up on our house. I keep a good watch on the outside. You gotta. That person may look like they’re putting out their trash, but they could really be up to no good. So I make sure I let Mom and Dad know about it. (Okay, Brudder Ranger helps with this, too.)
7. If people DO decide to come to our house anyway, I make sure that they feel welcome. I tell them that I didn’t mean anything by my barking and to please come in and make themselves comfortable. I also let them give me a treat to make them feel important. Brudder Ranger keeps telling me that our job is to run them off and make sure they never come back. But I dunno, that seems kinda rude to me.
As you can see, my days are very full with all the stuff I have to do around our house. Speaking of which, I think I hear Dad in the kitchen. Whew! A dog’s work is never done!