You know what? Today is my dad’s Gotcha Day! Yep,
126 43 years ago, my dad was born and the world has never been the same.
When my dad was little, he was a cowboy.
He even had his own horse named Peanut!
That’s my dad in a play called “South Pacific” and that’s his momma standing next to him. Can’t you tell how proud she is? (Oh, that’s not a REAL tattoo, in case you were wondering.)
He met my mom while he was doing plays and they started kissing and stuff when they were in high school and well, with mom’s good influence, dad graduated and everything!
Then he went off to college and got his degree in HISTORY! But even though I’m sure there were abouts a million historian jobs out there, he decided to take a chance on the little known and exciting world of computers! And even though my mom was unsure how they were gonna eat with dad entering such a risky field, they decided to gets married anyway. Cuz mom’s a risk-taker like that.
And then some other stuff happened and then many, many, MANY years later, they adopted all of us.
We think our dad is the BEST dad in the whole wide world cuz:
1. He’s very funny and always keeps life real interesting.
2. He never says “no” when we ask him for treats.
3. He likes to play with us.
4. He takes me and Brudder Ranger for walks every single day no matter what the weather is like.
5. He shares a little bit of his breakfast with us every morning.
6. He cleans up the poop in the back yard so mom doesn’t have to.
7. He cleans the litter box so mom doesn’t have to.
8. He covers us up when we get cold.
9. He lets us help him with home improvement projects.
10. He’s a real good cuddler!
Well, I sure hope you liked learning more about my dad. We all luv him oodles and gobs!
Happy Gotcha Day, Dad! We all hope it’s the best one EVER!