Lookit that! It’s Sunday already! I hope your weekend has gone super duper fantastic so far!
Here’s another early postie of mine and as you will see, at the time mom was too lazy wasn’t an expert at putting pictures of my Most Beautimous Brindle Self in the posties. (See, HER job is to takes care of the pictures cuz I have my paws full with just thinkin’ up the posts and typing them up considering lack of opposible thumbs and all.) Luckily, she finally got it figured out pretty good but there’s lots of words in this postie and not nearly enough pictures of me. And by that I mean, NONE. So to keeps you from feeling sad about that, please enjoy this picture of me (relaxing, not working) before you read all the words below.
One of my favorite things to do in the whole wide world is to help out around the house. Mom and Dad really appreciate my assistance and I’m not too sure how they ever got stuff done without me.
Things I’m real good at:
1. Unpacking boxes that the mailman brings to our house. My mom got something she calls a Macbook and she was really happy about it. So I helped her get it out of the box and sniffed it over real good to make sure it was safe for her to turn on. It was.
2. Helping mom and dad make their breakfast, lunch and dinner. I watch ’em real careful in case anything falls on the floor. If it DOES fall on the floor, I make sure to eat it real fast before they trip on it or something.
3. Cleaning the dishes after they’ve eaten their breakfast, lunch or dinner. When they’re done, they put the plate down and Ranger and me do what Dad calls the “prerinse.” And I don’t like to brag but by the time we’re done, it looks just as clean as before they put food on it! (Mom says some people might think that’s gross but we’re just doin’ our part for the environment by saving water.)
4. As you prolly saw from one of my other posts, I am real good at ripping the guts out of stuffies. Now, I really don’t do it all just for me (although it might look like it). Part of why I do it is that picking up the guts gives Mom something to do. Don’t want her to get bored or feel useless or anything.
5. I help keep an eye on the kittehs. I mean, you really can’t just leave them to wander all over the house without knowing what they’re doing. They might get into trouble and if I didn’t keep an eye on them, I couldn’t help them if they needed it.
6. I make sure that nobody ever, ever, ever sneaks up on our house. I keep a good watch on the outside. You gotta. That person may look like they’re putting out their trash, but they could really be up to no good. So I make sure I let Mom and Dad know about it. (Okay, Brudder Ranger helps with this, too.)
7. If people DO decide to come to our house anyway, I make sure that they feel welcome. I tell them that I didn’t mean anything by my barking and to please come in and make themselves comfortable. I also let them give me a treat to make them feel important. Brudder Ranger keeps telling me that our job is to run them off and make sure they never come back. But I dunno, that seems kinda rude to me.
As you can see, my days are very full with all the stuff I have to do around our house. Speaking of which, I think I hear Dad in the kitchen. Whew! A dog’s work is never done!